Heliostats are the components with the greatest impact on the cost in solar tower CSP installations, accounting 50% of the total investment. In the last years, there have been serious attempts to reduce cost by relaxing some features.
TITAN TRACKER concept achieves the goal of reducing cost and providing superior performance to the commonly required.
Advantages of Titan Tracker Heliostat:
- Thanks to Titan Tracker concept and our licensing business model, we can offer an installed heliostat, without facets, at less than 70 € / m2 (92 $ / m2).
- Maximum reliability and lifespan: Independence between structure and driving system. Standard components easy to procure. 70% of the value of the tracker is its galvanized structure. Drive system value is a very small part of the total tracker value.
- Continuous tracking movement which avoids the common daily thousands of start and stop maneuvers, preventing fatigue stresses in the structure and increasing the lifespan of the tracker.
- Extreme accuracy, greater than 0.01° (control + drive system).
- High stiffness and stability: Five supports and 3D structure, ability to recalculate for all winds conditions.
- Reduced maintenance: By using technical materials maintenance free.